Last Updated on May 21, 2021 by Sophie Turner
We spend a large amount of money to decorate our apartment. Try to make it warmer and safer. In order to keep us safe from those microorganisms. We clean our floors regularly. But the regular floor cleaner we buy from the departmental store is not so environmentally friendly. That is why we should make the best homemade floor cleaner for our day-to-day use.
Why we should make a homemade floor cleaner?
There a lot of floor cleaner in our nearby store. In order to keep our floors clean, you may buy those expensive floors cleaner. But the ingredients they use in it are mostly D-F rated by the Environmental Working Group (EWG).
- Dipropylene glycol
- Dialkyl dimethyl
- Ammonium chlorides
- Didecyldimethylammonium chloride
- Artificial fragrances
Most of those ingredients are not natural in any way. And also, they are regarded as a cause for health and environmental concerns.
You should look for a homemade floor cleaner. There is some easy way to make a floor cleaner at home. You already have most of the ingredients needed to make your homemade floor cleaner. And they are really effective.
- Safer for indoor air-quality: Homemade floor cleaners are much safer than the other cleaners that you can by in the market. All those floor cleaners are mainly caused by indoor air pollution. Most of the ingredients they use in those are not good for our environment. Even you or your family members can get sick by those floors cleaner. So, you should better move to a homemade floor cleaner.
- Easier on your budget: probably all the ingredients to make homemade floor cleaner are in your kitchen already. You will need some basic things. And the ingredients are not that much costly. So, it will save you money. By making your own homemade floor cleaner you can save a lot of money.
Best homemade floor cleaner for all hard flooring:
The homemade floor cleaner can be used in almost every hard flooring. It works on hardwood flooring, laminate flooring, linoleum flooring, and tile flooring.
Hardwood flooring cleaner:
Hardwood flooring is one of the most beautiful and warmer floors. Many of us know how to make your own hardwood flooring. Making hardwood flooring is not so easy. It takes a lot of time to make your own hardwood flooring. So, you would like to take care of your hardwood flooring. If you try those floor cleaners that have some harmful chemicals, then you are causing your own floor to your sickness. Those floor cleaners contain many chemicals that are not good for you and your kids.
Making your own floor cleaner is the best idea.
Basic homemade floor cleaner:
There are many recipes for homemade floor cleaner. Based on alcohol and vinegar you can make a homemade floor cleaner. It is very easy also very effective. And most of all it is natural and environment friendly. No chemicals will be used in this recipe. A question may come in your mind how to make tile floors shine? Well, there is the answer. A homemade floor cleaner will make your floors shine.
why these components work so well?
We choose those ingredients for some special reason. All those ingredients are really healthy for your family. Let tell you why we choose those ingredients.
- Water: it helps to combine with other ingredients and loosens grime
- Vinegar: Vinegar has a very low ph level of 2 and it contains a high level of the act. Vinegar builds an unfordable environment for the microorganisms. It Interrupted those microorganisms to grow. A study of 2014 says that acetic acid (the active component in vinegar) is “an effective mycobactericidal disinfectant that should also be active against most other bacteria;” however it cannot kill and deadly bacteria’s like staphylococcus.
- For homemade floor cleaner, you can try white vinegar. It is so easy to find. You can find it in your kitchen. And it is not that much costly. It will be best for the best homemade floor cleaner.
- Isopropyl (70%) rubbing alcohol: First of all we are using the Isopropyl (70%) rubbing alcohol not the Guzzi type of alcohol. The main function of alcohol is to destroy all the germs on the floor. It makes your floor free from germs. Rubbing alcohol is very effective on fungal and bacteria.
- Liquid dish soap: You can take any good rated liquid dish soap from the market. It helps to clean the dirt on the floor. It makes your floor look cleaner and Shine.
- Essential oils: It is an optional ingredient that used to cover up the smell of vinegar and alcohol. If you have pets or any child then make sure the safety of any essential oils.
Best homemade floor cleaner recipes:
Best homemade floor cleaner? A lot of people will share a lot of recipes for making the best homemade floor cleaner. But we will share the best of those.
1. All-Purpose Cleaner
For an all-purpose cleaner, you can use this recipe. There are some reasons to use those specific ingredients in this homemade cleaning recipe. so if you change any of them, you are changing the whole formula, and it may affect in result
- 2 cups of warm water.
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar.
- 1/4 cup isopropyl (70%) rubbing alcohol.
- 1/8 tsp liquid dish soap.
- 5-10 drops essential oils optional.
And it really is an all-purpose cleaner:
By the homemade floor cleaner, you will be able to clean almost everything in your house. Every kind of floor, glass, and many home equipment.
- Floors – laminate floors, tile, linoleum
- Glass – Windows, mirrors, tables, etc.
- Cabinets and Countertops (for granite vinegar is too acidic. So, you can use homemade granite cleaner)
- Stainless steel – appliances, faucets, sinks, etc.
- Walls, baseboards, window sills
- Porcelain and acrylic – toilets and sinks
Basically, anything that needs to be wiped down.
2. Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner:
If you are making your own hardwood flooring then you should note down this recipe. It’s easy to make. And also, easy to use. All you need a bucket and a mop. It is a very easy recipe to use you just mix them. And it’s ready to use.
- One-gallon hot water.
- ¾ cup olive oil.
- ½ cup of lemon juice.
You can use it as a green hardwood floor cleaner or any kind of hardwood floor cleaner.
3. Best Disinfecting Floor Cleaner:
This floor cleaner you can try on your bathroom, toilet, and shower to disinfection. It is a very easy recipe. All you need a bucket. You just mix the ingredients properly and it’s ready to use. There is the recipe
- 1-gallon hot water
- ¼ cup Borax
Borax is a good ingredient for floor cleaner. You can find Borax in any shop near you.
4. Homemade Laminate Floor Cleaner
Laminate floors are probably a little easy to take care of. But occasionally when you try to clean those floors, you need to use a very good floor cleaner. But if you choose the wrong floor cleaner you may end up damaging your own floor. So, you should choose the floor cleaner right. Or you can make your own homemade floor cleaner by using some simple ingredients. And you can try this recipe.
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 cups vinegar
- 5-10 drops essential oil of your choice
5. DIY Vinegar Floor Cleaner:
The white vinegar you have in your home, you may add them to the salad to make it delicious. But the vinegar is strong enough to kill the bacteria and germs in the dressing table, bathroom mirror, toilet floor, kitchen floor without damaging the floor. With vinegar, you can make some best homemade floor cleaner recipe.
- ½ cup of warm water.
- ½ cup of liquid dish soap.
- 1 2/3 cup baking soda.
- Two tablespoons distilled white fine cleaner
6. Homemade Natural Tile Floor Cleaner
If you have a tile floor in your home. Then you can use some simple household ingredients to clean your floor. You can use some best homemade floor cleaner to clean grime, dust, dirt from your floor.
- One-gallon hot water.
- ¾ cup white vinegar.
- 1 cup baking soda.
- 1 cup ammonia.
The ingredients you will use in this recipe are very effective. You can try this for your tile floor. All the things that were used in this recipe is very easy to find. Most of them are in your kitchen and if you miss them then go to the nearest shops.
How do I make my own floor cleaner?
Making a homemade floor cleaner is a good idea. It is much safer for your family and also better for the environment. Without using harmful chemicals that are not good for you or your family members, you can use some basic ingredients that you can easily find in your kitchen.
The recipe for homemade floor cleaner is very easy. All you need is some water, vinegar, rubbing alcohol, liquid dish soap, and essential oil. Mixing them in a sufficient quantity you can make your own homemade floor cleaner. You can use them as your green hardwood floor cleaner.
Is vinegar good for mopping floors?
Everybody loves the feel of a clean newly mopped floor, but they are not a good fan of those heavy chemicals that you can find in your local store. Those floor cleaners are not so good for your family and the environment. You can try some best homemade floor cleaner that you can make in your home. The ingredients are very easy to find. You can find them in your kitchen. For mopping floors, you can try many things.
Without using any chemical on your floors, you can use a natural disinfectant that is good for a mopping solution. Vinegar, you can use vinegar as a mopping solution. Many people don’t like the scent of it but it will fade after it dries. But it kills the germs on the floors and makes the floor shin. You can try those three simple combinations to make your dirty floor clean. If you have a little area to mop then you can reduce the ingredients in half.
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar and 1 gallon of warm water.
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar, 1 gallon of warm water, and 2 tablespoons of mild’s dish soap.
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar, 1 gallon of warm water, and several drops of scented oils or lemon juice.
What can I use if I don’t have a floor cleaner?
Floor cleaner is a very needed thing to make your home clean and germs free. But probably all the floor cleaner we get in our nearby store are not that much environment friendly. If you don’t have any floor cleaner than you can make the best homemade floor cleaner with some usual things that you can find in your kitchen. There is a simple recipe
- Two cups of warm water.
- ½ cup white vinegar.
- ¼ cup rubbing alcohol.
- Three drops of liquid dish soap.
- 5 – 10 drops essential oil (like peppermint oil) of your choice.
Now you may not like the smells of vinegar. Most of us don’t like the smell of vinegar. But it helps to kill the germs. And the bad smell we are talking about, it will fade away when it will dry. This you can also use as your green hardwood floor cleaner. That will clean all the mass and make your floor look shine.
What is the best natural cleaner for laminate floors?
When we looked at the topic of the best homemade floor cleaner, we also wanted to discourse natural cleaner for laminate floors. Best natural cleaner for laminate floors. There is a lot of so-called natural cleaner in the departmental store. But the ingredients they use some are really unhealthy not so environmentally friendly. For the best natural cleaner of laminate floors, you can go to your kitchen to make one. There are many recipes to make cleaner for laminate floors. Based on alcohol and vinegar you can make an effective floor cleaner. These are some easy steps by this you can make your own homemade natural floor cleaner.
- 1/2 cup rubbing alcohol.
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar.
- 1/2 cup distilled water.
- 4 drops of liquid dishwashing detergent.
- lemon eucalyptus essential oil