Home is where the heart is. At home, we find peace of mind. Most of us are looking for visual satisfaction when it comes to home. We all wish for a luxurious bedroom. A bedroom that has beautiful decorations and most important of all have comfort. Many of us want a decorative floor for our bedrooms. For that reason, the carpet is one of the most fabulous options. It satisfies us with the visuals and also helps those who don’t want to wake up and take steps on a bare floor. This is why many of us love carpets so much. In this article, you will get an idea of how to the best carpet for bedrooms.
3 Most Popular Carpet for Bedrooms
Why Carpet for Bedrooms?
For many of us bedroom is like a shrine to us. A place where we relax and think things through. If this shrine of ours doesn’t meet our comfort needs, we won’t be able to get the best out of relaxation.
So, it’s vital to have a bedroom that has a softness in touch and satisfaction with visuals. Carpets, in this case, is one of the best choices. After a good bed, the next best thing for your bedroom is a carpet. So, it’s easy to determine why we need carpets in our bedroom.
How to Choose Best Carpet for Bedrooms?
Your bedroom can carry a different vibe considering the design of the other rooms in your home. Before buying aBest Carpet for Bedrooms, you should consider some things related to decoration. You don’t want to choose a carpet that hinders the visuals of your bedroom even when it is very appealing to you. Here are some things to consider before selecting the best type of carpet for bedrooms:
- Fixing a Budget
- Choosing the Right Material
- Choosing Carpet Pile & Height
- Picking Carpet Colors for Bedrooms
1. Fixing A Budget
Before buying anything, it’s best to set a budget. There are many carpets you can buy at different prices. You have to see what materials are available considering the amount you can afford. Prices are based on the material of the carpet. For example, a carpet made with Saxony can cost a little more comparing to frieze carpets. You have to consider your budget based on what you can afford and what material you want. Consider these factors and fix a budget for the best carpet for bedrooms.
2. Choosing the Right Material
The materials of a carpet are not the same. They all come with different prices and features. Some materials are very soft, and some are very durable. Different materials contribute to these various factors:
- Noise Insulation
Let’s check the different materials and their contributions towards these factors:
- Hand-tufted in India of 100-percent hand-spun...
- This traditional rug will add the marvelous...
- The elegant design and colors of this rug are...
- Pile Height: 0.5 inches
- For over 100 years, Safavieh has been crafting...
These carpets are of high quality and highly-priced. It’s a natural material, and so it’s pricey. Given the price, you get a great looking carpet covering your floor. It is made from sustainable fibers, so it is durable. The advantages don’t end here. It has high insulation as well and is great for reducing heat loss. So wool carpets are a better choice considering cold weather. Another great feature for these carpets is that it feels very soft under your feet. When you walk around the room, you can feel the softness under your feet.
Wool Mix: You can try a wool mix of 80% wool and 20% of other human-made fibers (polyester or polyamide) for your carpet. This carpet is a great combination and is suitable for all-purpose use.
Polypropylene: This fiber is prevalent. It’s popular because of its resistance to stains. It is usually cleaned using a partly bleach cleaning solution, but you should always check the manufacturer manual before washing it. Despite its popularity, you should be careful with it, as it is flammable.
Polyamide or Nylon: This material is manufactured in a wide range of colors. This one is very vibrant in colors that wools don’t have. Nylon carpets are stain-resistant and have high wearability. This carpet is an all-rounder for home use.
Polyester: This is mostly used for a shag and textured carpets. In appearance, it looks like wool. It is very soft. When you touch, it will give you the same feel as wool. Polyester is durable and stain-resistant.
3. Choosing Carpet Pile and Height
The next step is to select a pile for your bedroom carpet. There are many piles you can choose from. The piles are mostly either woven or tufted. Here is a list of different type of Pile:
1. Woven: Woven carpets get a premium finish through the traditional loomed method. These are top-end carpets and very highly-priced. Two of the most available woven carpets are Axminsters and Wiltons.
2. Axminster: Axminster is like an oriental rug where fibers are woven in and out in a loop. Because of these loops, Axminster carpets appear grand in looks. You will definitely like the intricate patterns on this carpet. These piles are known for their high quality and durability.
3. Wilton: Wilton is a luxurious and quality carpet. The name Wilton comes from the type of loom that is used. The yarn is weaved in a continuous strand. Wilton carpets come in a velvet finish and are smooth. These are available in a wide range of patterns and woven surface.
4. Tufted: Tufted carpets are the most famous carpets today. These carpets are more comfortable to manufacture, and all types of yarns can be used to make it. A row of needles punches the pile yarn into the carpet’s material. Tufted carpets come in a variety of finishes. Both looped and cut ones are available. You can choose from twisted, looped, flatweave, Saxony, shag, etc. in this category.
5. Berber or Looped Pile: The name Berber comes from the original makers for these carpets. In Africa, a tribe named Berber made this carpet using uncut continuous loops on the surface of the carpets. It still has a decent knot appearance despite the uncut loops. They make these loops in different heights to form a texture. It’s an allrounder carpet but avoid it if you have pets. Especially if you have cats as they can pull the loops up with their claws.
6. Flatweave: Made by interlocking warp and weft threads. These fibers are looped but it looks flat and feels very firm.
7. Saxony: Saxony carpets are dense and firm. The cut pile in it is long, which gives it a soft feel. Your footprints will be visible after you walk on it because of its long pile.
8. Shag: This pile is long and thick with a softer texture. It is opulent and looks luxurious. Leaves footprints after walked on but is still an excellent choice for bedrooms. It gives you a gentle feel after stepping on it.
9. Velvet: This pile is cut short but dense. It looks luxurious and gives you a smooth feel. Velvet carpets are available in solid colors.
10. Plush: This carpet is of the same thickness as Saxony, but it has a lovely velvet appearance.
11. Textured: Textured carpets have curly fibers that don’t show footprints when walked on.
12. CutnLoop: This contains fibers of which some are cut and some which are tied into a loop.
4. Picking the Carpet Colors for Bedrooms:
Now on how to choose carpet colors for bedrooms. You can’t change your carpet color once you already bought it. So, it’s important to choose a color before buying it. Before having a choice in color, you should consider the color of your room. You don’t want a carpet that hinders the visuals of your bedroom. What’s more, is that stains and spills on some colors are more visible than in other colors.
The good news for you is that you don’t have to worry much about stains because the risk of acquiring stains in your bedroom is less likely to happen. You don’t get many visitors to your bedroom, do you? Moreover, there’s almost no chance of acquiring food stains if you don’t eat in your bedroom. So, your carpet is less likely to get a food stain in the bedroom.
If you are still considering about stains on your carpet, you should choose a carpet with dark colors. If you have pets and kids, then you should consider this, as pets and kids will most probably stain your carpet.
Here are some other things you should also consider before buying your bedroom carpet.
The Green Factor
Before choosing your carpet, you should also check for the green factor. These eco-friendly carpets have a great up-side to you if you add it to your bedroom. Eco-friendly carpets provide you with good indoor air quality.
It is necessary to have good looking carpets in your bedroom, but it’s even more necessary to have these eco-friendly carpets. You sleep 7-8 hours in your bedroom which certainly signifies the need for good air quality while you sleep. Check for the green label certification or similar standards when buying these carpets. Most of the other carpets have issues with off-gassing and VOCs, but with these eco-friendly carpets, you don’t have to worry about it.
Psychology of Colors
You probably know that colors have psychological impacts on our moods. So, if you think it’s a thing for you to consider, then you should read this article below.
Red: According to psychology, red colors have a strong influence on stimulating our minds. If you add a red carpet in your bedroom, your heart rate and breathing will increase as a sign of physical stimulation. This happens on a regular basis as you tend to look on the red carpet on your bedroom floor every day.
It can also influence your love and hunger. So it might be a better idea to avoid a deep red color carpet if you don’t want such influences.
Orange: Carpets with this color give a warm, energetic, and welcoming vibe. This color can also positively influence your energy and emotion if you add it to your bedroom.
Gold: Usually, the gold color gives a vibe of money and luxury. Gold can also feel like a high prestige and status color.
Yellow: This color symbolizes a cheerful and energetic mood. So it’s easy to tell that it will influence your energy and motives. So it is not a good idea to use it in your bedroom but the living room or game rooms.
Green: Representing nature and health, this color is ideal for your bedroom. Adding a carpet with green color, you will be feeling natural and refreshing. This color is recommended by experts to use in your bedroom. It is suggested to use a light green color.
A point to be noted is that you have to be careful about using green and yellow together because it reminds us of sickness and jealousy. If you have children at home, it’s best not to add a carpet that has green and yellow color combined.
Blue: This color is often used in schools and educational centers. Blue is psychologically a representative of loyalty, wisdom, and trust. It is said that while studying if you see this color, it can trigger discipline in you. This color can make you calm and soft. You can use it in your bedroom to promote relaxation.
Purple: By mixing red and blue, you get purple. The darker version of purple may make you feel sad, but lighter purple colors promote nostalgia and romance.
Black: This color is useful in hiding stains, and most mothers prefer this color. But you should be informed about the psychological effects of this color. Usually, we take black as dark and evil, but it also is a representative of power and mystery. If you use black in your bedroom, you may end up with depression and negative effects. It’s better to avoid this color in bedrooms. Still, if you really like black, then you should try black mixed with other colors so it wouldn’t give you such effects.
Brown: This color should also be avoided in bedrooms. This color is often used in high traffic areas.
White or Beige or Grey: Although these colors are unable to hide stains and get dirty, these colors are perfect for anyone. It gives the vibe of innocence and cleanliness. It calms our minds.
The Pros and Cons of having a bedroom carpet
Warmth: In winter or cold weather, nobody likes the feeling of cold hitting their feet when they wake up and step on their floors. Even though the cold weather outside you won’t have to face such an issue with a carpet as it provides you with warmth and insulation from heat.
Comfort: Comfort and Warmth are two different factors. But together combined they can provide us with the ultimate level of satisfaction. You will want to say goodbye to your slippers as you step on the warm and soft carpet—an instant smile on your face.
Pricing: Carpeting your entire home is costly, but carpeting for the bedroom only is not. Considering the prices of carpets, you may get surprised that even some high-quality carpets are cheap.
Pets: Do you have a cat or a dog? Your cat or dog may enter your bedroom snuggling up at nights or sleeping on your carpet. Your carpet will pick up a lot of pet hairs after this.
Stains: Very soft Carpets are usually not stain-resistant. Pets or kids are a concern for stains. Kids may enter your bedroom with muddy feet.
New carpets are prone to shed fluffs. So, it’s better to use a vacuum after you lay it on the floor so that the loose fibers are taken off. You can use stain inhibitors to wipe off stains and spills. Make sure the stains and spills don’t dry out, or it will be harder to wipe them.
Cleaning Your Carpet
The good news is that your bedroom won’t get much traffic, so you don’t have to worry much about dirt. But still, you have to clean your carpet at least once a year. You have to keep your carpet clean to stay hygienic. After all, you spend the whole night sleeping in your bedroom. You have to keep it clean, especially if you have an allergy.
Do not rub the carpet when it is wet. You can remove greasy residues by treating it with an oil or grease remover. Gently spray it on an absorbent cloth and blot it. To deep clean your carpet, you should shampoo the carpet using the manufacturer’s suggested liquid. You can also go to a professional carpet cleaning company.
Other Flooring Decorations to Consider
If you are considering adding more decorations to your bedroom, there are many different options available to you. You can buy a rug to add around your bed. You can also try a floor lamp near your bed. You will find it handy to have a floor lamp near your bed. You can easily switch on and off lights before going to sleep.
Carpeting is a ubiquitous bedroom decoration, yet it is very appealing to everyone in both comfort and visual satisfaction. You don’t get to step on a cold floor in winter when you have a carpet, and you can feel the support when you walk on it. So, fix your budget and go buy the Best Carpet for Bedrooms.
You May Also Check Sealy west Salem Mattress review
Our More Home Accessories Tips
- Best Vacuum Sealer Consumer Reports Top Rated 2020 Buying Guide
- 5 Best Gutter Guards Consumer Reports 2019
- FoodSaver Reviews Consumer Reports
- 5 Best Bathroom Exhaust Fans with Light and Heater Reviews, Pros, Cons & Buying Guide
- Best Thor Kitchen Range Reviews | Pros & Cons with Buying Guide 2020